Turkey Corner

Oh dear…


Razorlight
Razorlight


I just don’t know where I stand on Razorlight anymore. I hated them to start with. Then someone copied me Up All Night. It turned out to be brilliant. I was wrong, they were great. So I rushed out and bought this, and…it’s rubbish. Well, no, that’s unfair, it has some songs that are ok (‘I Can’t Stop this Feeling I’ve Got’ for example), but it is just so…bloody…limp. Why on earth everyone raves about plodding turkey ‘America’ is beyond me. This sounds throughout like a band who have already made it. It’s lazy, rushed and arrogant. It’s inoffensive stuff, but basically, after I’ve listened to it, I forget that it even happened. Kinda like X & Y from last year, but worse. I won’t buy album number 3.

00100
Taiga


The turkey to end all turkeys, Taiga presumably was attempting to set a new standard for shiteness in music. Certainly, it is both the worst album I have ever bought and the worst album I own (out of nearly 600). A dreadful mistake, I bought the album based upon a number of strong reviews alone, having not heard any of their stuff (though I also did that with Queens of the Stone Age, so it’s not a bad practice per se). The numerous reviewers who recommended it need their heads examined. It is virtually unlistenable discordant noise, delivered under the guise of some kind of ‘alternative’ indie rock. I still have not been able to listen to more than three tracks in one go. I have listened to every track here, but it has had to be in sections, cause I can’t stand it otherwise. There is no attempt here to write songs, no musical skill whatsoever, indeed, aside from the album’s lovely cover art and packaging, there is not a single redeeming feature to this album. One reviewer, I think from The Guardian, said that this album ‘should be awful, but in fact it is brilliant.’ He got it half right. It should be awful. And it is. An album to make all others look good. Fucking dreadful. Avoid like the plague.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home