13.

The Fratellis
Costello Music

The only album on the list that I didn’t buy; I copied Costello Music from my flatmate, not really knowing what it was, other than hyped. It turned out to be a superb feelgood indie rock album, which never fails to get me bouncing. Of course everyone knows ‘Chelsea Dagger’, which is a super tune, but it is the masterful ‘Flathead’ that is the best track here, and a clear runner for track of the year. This is the kind of album that makes you want to sing along and move. I like every single track, and have listened to it loads, though I am not sure of the kind of longevity this album will be able to command. Still, it has made me burst into spontaneous song to embarrassing effect on more than one occasion (whilst well away from speakers or headphones), something which must be seen as a solid endorsement. ‘Vince was a loner, a lovable stoner, ah-haaah…’ An album to make a person smile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home